Making its North American Debut is the NEW ZMAX Mini with native 18350 battery support but with available extensions for using in 18500 and 18650 modes.
This ZMAX Mini is the same high quality Stainless Steel as our regular ZMAX. It sports a blue LED. It is recommended to use unprotected IMR batteries.
This uses the same firmware as the regular ZMAX with 8th menu to choose between RMS and AVG modes (RMS is recommended fo rmost users). As you may know the ZMAX series from SMOKtech is a Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage device. Since most of what applies to the ZMAX also applies to the ZMAX Mini we'll paste the following from the ZMAX product description where pertinent.
This is Revision 2 of the original Zmax. The first revision, while much liked by many, had issues with running too hot due to means value voltage monitoring that was not at all accurate at the lower voltages. This caused cartos to vape often with a burnt taste.
SMOKTech took in all the feedback including feedback that was expressed strongly by GotVapes when SolemnPenguin gave feedback (among others) in our Alpha program and they made changes. They have added an 8th menu option now that allows you to turn RMS on which is a more accurate, continual voltage monitoring and adjustment. It is able to adjust on-the-fly for voltage drifting from heat.
Our ZMAX is the Stainless Steel version
. You receive only the Zmax, no batteries, in a presentation box with a manual that has not been updated with instructions for the 8th menu/RMS option but it just presents you with an option to choose RMS or Means value voltage monitoring and adjustment.
This comes with a 14 day warranty from receipt of purchase. During that time we will exchange in the event of defect not caused by misuse or user originated damage. If we nolonger have it in stock we will issue a store credit. RMA's must be obtained through igotvapes.com in case of return.
- The ZMAX Mini can take a single 18350 battery (we recommend flat or button top IMR batts). IN a drop-down box below you have a choice to pick up optional 18500 extensions to use with an 18500 battery. Or pick up two of them to use an 18650 battery.
- Adjustable from 3.0v to 6v in .1v increment; you can adjust the constant power/wattage output from 3.0watts to 15watts in .5 watt increments.
- The LED display will display output voltage, battery remaining voltage, atomizer resistance, power on/off, and LED on/off.
- Switch is rated at 5amp and has 360 degree rotation so it protects from getting stuck.
- eGo compatible well although the Kanger series T2, T3 & EVOD will not work with this without an adapter.
- Take the time to read through your manual to familiarize yourself with all the menu options, Keep it handy to refer back to when needed.
- Error codes:
- LOR - Low resistance indication - If resistance is below 1.2ohm,the display will show "Low Load".
- LOU - Low voltage indication. If battery is below 3.4V the display will show "Low Voltage".
- WSC - Short circuit indication.
- Low Battery Indicator - push button slowly flashes red when the battery gets low and needs a fresh battery.