Introducing version 2 of the very popular SLB eGo-V Variable...
The SLB eG-V v2 MEGA 1200mah VV 3.0-6.0 - Variable Voltage eGo Pass-Through.
This features the same 3.0-6.0 voltage range as the regular 650mah SLB in increments of .1v. Once it reaches the end of both the higher and lower range it cycles back the other way. If you hold both buttons in at the same time it locks the voltage so you don't accidentally change it with normal handling. A very nice feature carried over from the regular SLB 650mah eGo-V.
The manufacturer claims the OLED is much clearer but we didn't see much difference but we always thought the display was crisp anyway. This display shows the remaining battery power with a graphical bar graph representation of the battery so you can see when you need to hook it up to your USB port with a quick glance. This still does not have an eGo charger option for charging (by screwing the connector area into your standard eGo charger although it appears it will as is does screw into an eGo USB charger. But, the batteries were charged so I could not test this for sure. The manual didn't have any information other than that you plug it into a USB power source to charge such as the powered USB port on your computer or a car USB adapter (we would recommend an adapter that provides 2amps which we sell here at GotVapes). The display also, of course, shows the voltage you have set from 3.0-6.0.
To change voltage all you have to do is press the + or the - buttons above the display.
The SLB v2 Mega now features a 10 second cut-off in case you are carrying in your pocket and it accidentally triggers the PV. It will shut the unit off and to restart it you have to click five times within 3 seconds to turn it back on. And so, yes, it does feature 5-click on/off.
Other Features & Info:
This comes with a 14 day warranty from receipt of purchase. During that time we will exchange in the event of defect not caused by misuse or user originated damage. If we nolonger have it in stock we will issue a store credit. RMA's must be obtained through igotvapes.com in case of return.
- The SLB eGo-V v2 MEGA is 1200mah and is about the size of the Vision Spinner 1300mah VV batteries.
- Standard raised power button (see pictures on the left)
- The MEGA is 132mm/5.2 inches from base to the top of the connector as compared to 113mm/4.5 inches for the regular 650mah version. The girth for the MEGA is 17mm/.67 inches compared to 14mm/.55 inches for the regular.
- Uses a standard 5-pin USB mini port connector on the bottom of the SLB eGo-V MEGA.
- The USB charging and pass-through cord is approximately 42 inches long.
- Remember that it IS a pass-through. If battery power is depleting you can connect to your USB port and keep vaping as it charges.
- It takes approximately 3-4 hours to charge the MEGA completely.
- Auto-Lock: worth repeating that if you press and hold down both + and - buttons at the same time for three seconds you can lock in voltage; repeat this process to unlock.
- 5 click on/off
- 2.5 amp limit
- This has a very informative, easy to read instruction pamphlet and contained within is a handy color coded chart that maps out voltages with ohms to find your sweet spot when vaping. It maps voltage, watts and resistance.But use a magnifying glass!
- Last but not least this has one of the more beautiful pieces of packaging we have seen for any PV. If purchasing as a gift it screams quality that we are sure your recipient will appreciate.