This is Revision 2 of the original Zmax. The first revision, while much liked by many, had issues with running too hot due to means value voltage monitoring that was not at all accurate at the lower voltages. This caused cartos to vape often with a burnt taste.
SMOKTech took in all the feedback including feedback that was expressed stronly by Gotvapes when SolemnPenguin gave feedback (among others) in or Alpha program and they made changes. They have added an 8th menu option now that allows you to turn RMS on which is a more accurate, continual voltage monitoring and adjustment. It is able to adjust on-the-fly for voltage drifting from heat.
Our ZMAX is the Stainless Steel version
. You receive only the Zmax, no batteries, in a presentation box with a manual that has not been updated with instructions for the 8th menu/RMS option but it just presents you with an option to choose RMS or Means value voltage monitoring and adjustment.
We provide a 14 day warranty from the date of receipt that is strictly enforced. This is an advanced vaping device and do not purchase this if you are fairly new to vaping, it does have a bit of a learning curve and we cannot afford to take back returns on such an expensive item simply because you may get frustrated in trying to use it optimally. Please understand this!
- The Zmax can take a single 18650 battery (we recommend flat or button top IMR batts not Protected as protected won't fit, not all 18650 batts will fit so we are not responsible for that). You can also use 2 18350 batteries.
- Adjustable from 3.0v to 6v in .1v increment; you can adjust the constant power/wattage output from 3.0watts to 15watts in .5 watt increments.
- The LED display will display output voltage, battery remaining voltage, atomizer resistance, power on/off, and LED on/off.
- Switch is rated at 5amp and has 360 degree rotation so it protects from getting stuck.
- eGo compatible threading.
- Take the time to read through your manual to familiarize yourself with all the menu options, Keep it handy to refer back to when needed.
- Error codes:
- LOR - Low resistance indication - If resistance is below 1.2ohm,the display will show "Low Load".
- LOU - Low voltage indication. If battery is below 3.4V the display will show "Low Voltage".
- WSC - Short circuit indication.
- Low Battery Indicator - push button slowly flashes red when the battery gets low and needs a fresh battery.